Monday, January 05, 2009

SCANNER FIXED

As you may have noticed by now, the site is up and running again. Since I have made a few New Year's resolutions, let me share one that will impact the site.

I am working on a cartoon "strip" to send out to the various syndicates to see if I can get any nibbles. I may also send out the single panel concept that appears semi-regularly on this page. (Some will recall I asked for suggestions on a name last year. Never really got much of a response on that.)

In any event, I thought I would continue to post the single panel gags as well as past "strips" that I developed at various times. They were all rejected by syndicates. This first one is called "Partners" and I drew these about 10 years ago. I did get a personal response from one of the syndicates, which is said to be a "good sign" given the number they receive. I had recently gotten out of law school and was trying to make a strip about lawyers. Looking back, some were lame, but I still like a few of these. I'll try to post one a week or so along with the regular panels. The visual quality will not be as good given the poor quality of the copies I kept, but I figure it can't hurt to post on a more regular basis. Again, thanks for everyone's patience with the scanner problem and have a great 2009!

No comments: