Thursday, April 10, 2008

King me

A while back, I thought of an idea for a king cartoon. I planned to have a king eating dinner in a fancy setting. He would be looking at his food and either speaking to the queen (or a waiter) saying. "It's ok, but is it really fit for me?" (A joke on the "fit for a king" expression.) Just before drawing it I received the New Yorker's complete book of cartoons as a present. One was a king opening a present saying "This is fit for me!"

I still like my idea better, but I am always leery that someone will think I copied it. This has happened on other occasions where 2 cartoonists (or more) think of a very similar idea independantly. Anyway, I still felt like drawing a king so I changed it to this gag. I don't like it quite as much, but I do like the image. Just some thoughts on how cartoons come to be drawn

No comments: