Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Toy guns


I've heard many parents discuss this. Some are horrified at the notion that I allow my boy to play with toy guns. (He has a pretty impressive aresnal.) Others tell me they didn't allow their own kids only to find the kids started turning everything else into a gun. Sticks became rifles, sandwiches carefully bitten into the shape of revolvers.

I had a box of guns as a kid. Whenever we played "war" or the now-equally un-PC "cowboys and indians", I supplied the neighborhood with toy guns. Despite this, I have never had some burning desire to own real guns. I'm just saying that kids play. They will imagine they are police, astronauts, knights, -you name it. However we might try to limit their imaginations, they find ways around it. Feel free to post your thoughts on this.

1 comment:

ovei bardhan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.